Sunday, April 3, 2011

Garlicky Kale

Last time I perused the salad bar at   the Whole Foods Market in Portland, I tried the ‘garlicky kale’. I must admit I was not a big fan of raw kale before since its texture felt too coarse, but the very garlicky dressing made me forget all about it. Grabbing a large bunch of curly kale last time at the grocery store, it was time to recreate the recipe, and it came out amazingly well
  • 1/2 bunch curly kale, washed and padded dry
  • juice of one lemon
  • 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 medium sized garlic cloves, grated
  • 1 TB Trader Joes' Champagne Pear Dressing
  • 1 TB fat reduced feta crumbles
  • pepper to taste
In a bowl, whisk all the marinade/sauce ingredients, and then rip the kale leaves into ‘chips’, discard the steams. Using your hands, mix in the marinade. Cover bowl with a lid, and let sit for about 1h in the fridge. Serve!
DSC-8224 DSC-8204

No comments:

Post a Comment