It’s finally spring break, but the weather thinks it is winter again, sending thick snow flakes dancing in front of my window. At least, we seem a month ahead, April weather in March. What better to relax with a nice cup of coffee, a good book and a fresh giant home-based, crumbly chocolate cookie?
Triple Chocolate Cookies
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) salted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed dark or light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an stand electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the room temperature soft butter and the 2 types of sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and mix together.
- Add the flour mixture and continue mixing until just combined.
- Now, add the chocolate chips, and mix until combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the dough two inches apart on sheet pans lined with parchment (makes about 6 cookies per regular sized cookie sheet, and 3 cookie sheets overall plus 3 small cookies).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the cookie sheets (! don’t move them, they will fall apart!). The cookies should be very soft when they are removed from the oven. They will firm up as they cool (10 min).