Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Brownie Bites with Chocolate Glaze

This is a recipe inspired by my sister. Once I saw her brownies, glazed in dark chocolate, I was so smitten I had to try to make them immediately. It took a while until I had my act together, and actually glazed a batch instead of just eating the brownies.

The recipe is quite straightforward: take your favorite boxed brownie mix (or make it from scratch or make them even vegan), mix according to instruction, but add additional cocoa (and a few other secret ingredients), underbake (just 22min), and then glaze with dark chocolate

brownie_bites-1-9

Add about 1/4 cup of dark chocolate extra to the boxed mix. Also add a teaspoon of instant espresso to the dry ingredients, and a teaspoon of vanilla to the wet. Mix the wet ingredients separately.

brownie_bites-1

brownie_bites-1-3

I used a ‘brownie’ pan since I like the crust of brownies. One package makes 1 pan.

brownie_bites-1-4

Bake 23 min at 325F.

brownie_bites-1-5

Cool the brownies and cut them in quarters.

brownie_bites-1-6

Mix a glaze with about 1.5 cup of chocolate couverture (I used these ‘chocolate chips’ from Lindt), and melt them over a double boiler. Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.

brownie_bites-1-7

Dunk the chocolate bites in the melted chocolate, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper to dry.

After about 1hour, they are ready to eat!

brownie_bites-1-9

No comments:

Post a Comment