There was a BBQ on a Saturday afternoon for a friends’ get-together, and it required a cake. A ricotta cake seemed like the perfect choice--- dessert-like, moist and rich like a cheesecake, but lighter and easier to handle with simply napkins. This cake came out great, received many compliments and I am sure to make it more often. A new go-to recipe. Unfortunately, the cake was gone before I could take a decent photo of a it at the BBQ.
Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake
Regular sized Bundt cake pan
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (6 Ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 15 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 ts lemon extract
- 1/2 ts vanilla extract
- zest of 1 organic lemon (save juice for glaze)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ts baking powder
- 1/2 ts baking soda
- 1/2 ts salt
For The Lemon Glaze:
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 3 TB fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a regular sized bundt or ring pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the ricotta cheese and blend well. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each. Add the extracts and lemon zest and mix until fully combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients in several smaller parts, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spoon as needed.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth and thick.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze over the top of the cake.
- Let the glaze set for 30 minutes and then cut into wedges and serve.