Saturday, September 21, 2013

The annual hippie fest

Yesterday, I finally had a day ahead of me with no pressing work, beautiful weather AND the annual common ground fair in Unity. A perfect combination. I put on my best hippie clothes and off I went to Unity. When I arrived at noon, the first wave of visitors was already leaving, the many, many school buses with the students whose teachers deemed common ground fair a valuable part of education. It was still humming with people since the weather would be slowly declining from fantastic to good to rain by Sunday.   I made my rounds, sampled the free bread, goat cheese, and fromage blanc, smelled the home made soaps, investigated the pottery, stocked up on a new hand-made cherry wood cooking spatula, fed the sheep with clover, had some honey sweetened lemonade, and was all-around happy.

common_ground_fair

CGF_3

CGF_5

CGF_6

CGF_9

CGF_10

CGF_12

No comments:

Post a Comment