Saturday, August 6, 2011

High Noon

Staycation continued, with another trip to Acadia. I threw my bike in the back of my car and headed to the coast.

DSC_0656gr

Since I had a late start the kale smoothie did not hold me over anymore at 3pm, and a Trenton bridge lobster came before biking this time.

lobster

I headed to Eagle lake to bike to Jordan Pond again. Since it is currently high noon of the tourist season instead of eating popovers and drinking coffee in style and on a bench with umbrella and table I sat on the lawn with an ice cream. 

jordan pond 1jordan pond lawnjordan pond

Yes, napping after a hilly bike ride sounded about right.
 
DSC_0685

I biked back to Eagle lake and took the long route along the lake instead of heading straight back to the parking lot. Clouds come in from the ocean and it became significantly cooler, chilly even if dressed only in an exercise tanktop.

DSC_0690

Back in Bar Harbor, I found the brandnew bakery, the Little Notch Bakery, a cute store with a large community table and free wi-fi, pizza, sandwiches and pastries. Nice!

DSC_0695 DSC_0696
DSC_0700 DSC_0701

Dinner was at a beautiful gem that I just recently discovered: the Lompoc Cafe. It is off the main shopping roads, quieter, with a bocce lane, large trees, outdoor seating and with about the best and freshest local fare I have found so far in Bar Harbor. 

DSC_0721DSC_0722DSC_0726

No comments:

Post a Comment