Friday, August 12, 2011

It’s a wrap!


My staycation is slowly coming to an end (sad face), and today’s excursion was more shopping centered. Which better place to head to for some nice shopping and good eats than Ellsworth? (Beats the 2h trip to Portland). This time I was also planning to check out the newly opened sandwich/wrap place 86 this! It is located right smack in the middle between Rooster Brothers and Cleonice, two of my Ellsworth favorites.

DSC_0989gr DSC_1002 DSC_1001 

I arrived a bit late and barely made it in time to get food since the store closes at 4:30pm. But the chef was gracious enough to still make me a wrap. I chose the Beet Knick with a spinach wrap. The store is cute, with light yellow colors, wooden tables and chairs and several hanging plants. Fortunately, in preparation for the farmers market, I had cash on me, since currently they don’t take credit cards. Curious and hungry, I walked out of the store with a large, bulky wrap. In green. 

After my first bite, I about died and went to heaven. This is the best wrap I ever had! Perfectly cooked beets with a garlicky dill yogurt dressing, crunchy walnuts, some feta, and lots of baby spinach, basically a salad in a wrap. After eating the entire wrap (and wondering if I was featuring a red stained beet chin) I was a happy camper . Sorry, Cleonice, unfortunately we won’t rendezvous today. You got some serious competition.

beet knick wrap
ellsworth

86 This!    2 State St    Ellsworth, ME 04605     (207) 610-1777   (open 6am-4:30pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment