Sunday, March 15, 2015

Out and about–Spring break in Maine

Spring break is over, and winter decided to put on a new layer of make-up. He was looking a bit haggard, but decided to refresh his complexion before leaving the party in style. One of my spring break adventures included the New Balance factory store in Skowhegan which had a 40% off sale (on the factory seconds).

winter-trip-1

This is the New Balance factory and, like with LLBean, much is still hand-made right here in the USA.

winter-trip-1-2

Unfortunately I came on the second day of the sale, rookie mistake, and the “middle of the road” sizes of the nice shoes were already gone. A lot of 6s and 11s in this blue beauty.

winter-trip-1-3

It is no surprise that plenty of people trek to Skowhegan for the sale. 40% off 39.98? Not bad, not  bad. I could not really find any signs of ‘seconds’, the merchandise looked perfect.

winter-trip-1-4

Available in my size, but a bit too Florida colored for me.

winter-trip-1-5

I finally settled on these, they are amazing, the fresh foam model. Love.

winter-trip-1-6

Even more love for these cuties. The adorableness.

winter-trip-1-9

It was then off to Freeport which was quite deserted. I don’t think anyone comes to Maine for spring break, and even the Mainers are gone.

winter-trip-1-10

In the old days, maybe it was different.

winter-trip-1-8

Fell in love with the new flatbreads at Panera bread. Soooo good!

winter-trip-1-12

Repurposed an inexpensive bulky bag at Forever XXI as camera bag.

winter-trip-1B

Only batted my eyelashes at this bag.

And now I try to be patient for spring to come, in the next weeks, months.

No comments:

Post a Comment