Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Art of Imitation

Thursday, I packed up and took the spring break opportunity to head to civilization (anywhere where there is a Trader Joes and Wholefoods, I call civilization). At the beginning, my camera seems to have been in a ‘picturesque’ mode painting all those shots of walking through downtown (shoptown) Freeport and LLBean.  But I must have set it back to normal at some point.

LLBean, Freeport, ME.

Tourist-free downtown Freeport in the winter.

Piles of icy snow this March.

Portland!

Found a new type of creme fraiche, with real vanilla beans (and specks of seeds!) This must be perfect for baking.

After the food was taken care off, on to the fashions.

Forever 21 had a wonderful copy of JCrew’s flower necklace, for $10 and in a great color.

I almost, almost bought this beautiful gray-white hand bag at H&M. I knew I would regret it later because it is it basically plastic. But the design? Mindblowing.---  Great effort, now please on in a bit more high end material.

I was rewarded for not buying it when I entered the Aldo store. They currently have the most perfect copy of the famed (and beautiful) Celine bag. For $60. I had to buy one. I coveted this bag for years.

celine

Then on to the originals at J.Crew. They are still the best. When you can afford them. Or wait for a sale.

Today, the weather is finally warming up. There are puddles of water on the street, the sun is out, and the temperatures are in the high 30s. At least for the rest of spring break, it will feel like spring.

warmup

No comments:

Post a Comment