Sunday, March 23, 2014

Maple Sunday

Yesterday, I realized that each year the first 2 months of the year are just a blur. Discounted, just to be gotten over with, struggled through, unabatedly pining for spring and summer. A gray, dark transition phase. This year it is the first 3 months. On the other hand, the first three months of 2014 already passed? A quarter of the year? These are three months of my life I never get back. They are too precious to just remember I wanted them to be over with so I could enjoy sunshine and summer.
This changed my attitude. “This is my life. I never get this time back. I better make something better out of it and enjoy it, appreciate it.” No more wanting the days to be gone for the better ones to come. This is my life! Now. Here. Today.

Today is also Maine Maple Sunday. A day when the many sugar houses in Maine open their doors to show how they cooked down maple sap to maple syrup, entertain the kids, make cotton candy for the big kids and serve maple syrup over waffles and ice cream. There is a sweet sap to life, even in winter.

Or, as Kacey Musgraves says "Follow your arrow. .... you got only so many trips around the sun. Live your life."

Her emphasis is on 'your', mine is on 'life'.
maple_sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment