I am starting to run out of ideas for dinner again. So, I took the easy route and warmed up the leftover curried carrot lentil coconut soup, added more curry powder and gnocchi and topped the reheated soup with baby portabella mushroom sauted in coconut oil. Fabulous!
Curried lentil and carrot coconut soup
(makes 2 larger or 4 small servings)
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 TB coconut oil
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and finely chopped or better microplaned
- 5-6 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup red lentils
- 1 TB curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
For leftovers: reheat soup with a handful of gnocchi for 6min; meanwhile sautee 4-5 sliced baby portabella mushroom in 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil with some salt and pepper. Add sauted mushroom on top of soup with sliced almonds.