Sunday, September 29, 2013

Indian summer in Belfast

The day was so beautiful it made me weep. Sunny, warm, golden, perfect. A reminder of what summer just was, at least a reminder for a few days: Indian summer. The weather was too gorgeous to take on responsibility for house and garden and off I was to the ocean, at last. Belfast, with its antique malls on the way, and its ever growing ensemble of restaurants, stores, pottery places, revamped ocean front and microbreweries. Yes, it is fall in the making and people started to bring in their boats for the winter, but also enjoy them still on the ocean. The only place to have my shipyard seasonal pumpkin beer was… in the shade.

Belf_1

P1100178

Belf_3 

P1100211

Belf_4

"Open by chance or appointment” the sign read at Front Street Pottery. I have visited Belfast for 8 years, and there was never a ‘chance’ opening of the pottery store until today. I ventured inside. One of those hand-made teapots found a new home….

Belf_5

Three Tides Microbrewery and beer garden.

P1100277

Route 1 bridge in the back, and the pedestrian bridge below.

Belf_7

Newly paved walk and bike way on the ocean front connecting all the beer bars and restaurants.

P1100309

Downtown Belfast, and yes, it was more pleasant in the shade.

belf_8

P1100331

One day, I will buy a house here.

P1100343
Until then, I’ll visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment