Baby cat’s dinenr tonight was inspired by the bouquet of flowers that got a batch of new water. Colorful, but she only ate the little grasses and white flowers.
My dinner was similarly colorful: three color latkes – made with carrots, sweet potato and beets. It does not take much, shredding them, some flour, egg and spices, and frying them up. Accompanied by salad and a Greek yogurt herb sauce.
(makes 5 small sized latkes)
- 1 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 medium sized beet, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, micro-planed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TB olive oil for frying
Mix the shredded sweet potato, carrot and beet with the beaten egg, flour and herbs. Heat the olive oil in the pan. and once hot make small mold of shredded potato mix, pat flat with a fork, and fry on both sides for 5 min each. Serve!
Sauce: mix small cup of Greek yogurt with a bit of water, a pressed garlic clove, fresh chopped rosemary and salt and pepper.